Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Never give a second chance

The rain was pouring on the empty street, flushed away the dirt and the rubbish. Stray cats and dogs hided under a tree or in the dark hole. Licking their paws and lie their chin on their paws. May was watching the gloomy sky and the rain poured down in front of her, hand on her chin. Is it going to flood? Where had the birds gone? It was so cold in the morning, there was no Sun, no warm at all. Shivers ran down her spine, she hugged herself for comfort. The rain reminded her past. All her memories came back to her all of a sudden. She used to like a guy very much. His name is Daniel. May was just a friend to him. But, he was not just a friend to her, in fact, he was way more important than a best friend. After being friends for 6 years, she fell in love with him. She soon realized she couldn't live without him. Her hand would grab his hand when he leaved her. He was tired of her, he wanted to make a new friend. So, he walked towards a pretty girl and said hi. They had become friends since then. She replaced May. May and Daniel never walked together anymore, never hang out together anymore, never eat together and never greet each other again. They became strangers. After a week, Daniel requested that girl to become his girlfriend, she agreed for sure. May stood there, eyes frozen with horror when watched that girl nestled on him. Daniel cried in joy, but May cried in despair. She clenched her fist, turned around and stormed out the corridor. People around her looked at her curiously, some wondered why, some whispered into each other' ears while some pitied her. When she reached home, she sunk down on her bed, clutching the pillow tightly, tears rolled down her cheeks, wet the pillow. Screaming in the pillow, so that her parents wouldn't notice. "Why? How could you treat me this way? Why are you being such a jerk? I'm your best friend, am I? Don't you know I like you?"May muttered while holding the photo frame of both of them, smiling happily in front of the camera. Wonders and confusion were boiling in her brain. He hurt her too much, way too much. There was no reason to forgive him. She knew he just treated her as a doll all this time. It was so unfair, girls were born not to just been play by boys, girls were born to be respect by others. The last decision had made, she sunk into her pillow and closed her eyes although she knew that day would be a sleepless night. The next month, everything had changed, the Sun rose from the west, the birds were sleeping in the morning. Daniel stood in front of May, eyes locked on her, never moved an inch. He grabbed her hand, but she shoved it away. "I'm sorry,May. I want you back. Can we get back to normal? What I did last time was a shame, what I did was a mistake, I was being stupid all the time. I thought pretty girl would be different. But,they are not. You are different, you are special, you are my soul mate. I should be with you, not her. It was so wrong." Daniel said with hope. "It's over. It has been a month. Yeah, you were so wrong. You are such a jerk. There is no point to be with you and talk to you is a waste of time. Just leave me alone." May murmured through gritted teeth. " I thought you like me. I thought we are meant to be together. But now you don't want to talk to me. I know it was my fault. I hurt you and I wanna make it right. Please start all over again. I'm sure I won't hurt you this time. I can make you happy." " How can you so sure that you won't hurt me again? Cut one of your finger to make your promise? You made me cried all day long. How can I know you won't do it to me again? There is no chance for you to make it right. You just want a girl,that's all. By the way, I don't want to become a jerk by accept your forgiveness. I don't want to stay with a jerk." May finished her words and stormed away. Victory grin hung on her face, she swayed her hands back and forth in the corridor while Daniel sunk to his knees, his face became pale and felt regret for what he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment