Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The memorable midnight.

My name is Erica,I am 16 years old. Everyone has a happy life at this age, but not for me. I had breast cancer,wasn't it pity to have cancer at this age? I knew I was going to leave this world soon, I never felt sad, I never cried because my love on stayed with me. His name is David,17 years old. He was good-looking, tall, broad shoulders and caring. Unfortunately, he had tumor is his brain, he looked weak everyday, weaker than me. Everyone is this hospital was going to die soon, they knew it, they just kept on living, took in every breath, appreciate every moment. Why the God is so unfair? David had a girlfriend, Monica. She was beautiful like an angel, tall, blond hair, long eyelashes and a pair of sparkling eyes. She came to visit David once a week, it was so nice of her. She treated him nice every time she visited him, she fed him, talked to him, brought magazines and board games for him. She kept convinced herself that he will recover soon and he will go back to school with her, spend the rest of his life with her. Unexpectedly, David treated her coldly, he always show I-don't-need-you-to-take-care-of-me look. At least he said thank you, but I knew he was not interested on her. I had a group of friends in the hospital. We gathered around at night and told about our lives. David was the weakest in our group, I stole a glimpse at him to make sure he was fine. When it was almost late, I will drag him to his room, make sure he rested early. I didn't mind he had a girlfriend, I just wanted to take care of him before he left me, gave the best for him. Before I closed my eyes, I will imagine what will happen tomorrow, will I just fell asleep and never woke up? When I woke up in the next morning, I was glad that I could live one more day. I was glad the devil was not here to pick me up yet,it was not my time. At the 185th day, I saw Monica and David stood at the park,hand in hand. Suddenly, David let go her hand,I could see they were mumbling, but I couldn't catch up a word. Monica buried her face in her hands,I could hear her weeping in the morning breeze,echoed in the cold air. She ran out of the hospital until out of sight, but David didn't make a effort to grab her. I began to wonder and made my way towards him. He told me that they broke up, I just oohed, didn't want to question anything. I didn't know how to describe my feelings, was I sad or happy? I leaped out my words,I told him that I love him. He threw his arms around me and smiled charmingly. I love the way he smiled, I love the way he hugged me. I love this moment,nobody could take away from me. I could feel his weight on my shoulder lighten, he was much thinner than I thought, he looked pale, he couldn't live any longer. We sat on his bed that night,we talked about our feelings, hand in hand under the blanket, I'd never been so close to him. Suddenly, his eyes were locked in mine,we kissed,deep and long. He pulled away and caught for breath. He was so weak that he couldn't take it anymore."I love you,David",I whispered in the cold night. We closed our eyes and entered our sweet dreams. The next morning, I half opened my eyes,birds chirped in the warm breeze, trees swayed in the air. I looked to my right and saw David lie beside me. I touched his smooth pale skin and kissed lightly on his lips. He opened his eyes slowly, looked deep into my eyes, he smiled and return me a kiss. He brushed my fringe back to my ear and kissed my forehead. "I love you,Erica",he whispered through my ear. He closed his eyes and never open them,his pillow sink a little. That was the moment I knew he had gone. Tears began to stream down my face, I watched the nurses took away him from me. That day, I never spoke a word, I just stared blankly at the bare ceiling. I could feel his presence, I could smell his scent, I wanted to keep it,never let it go. That night was colder than others, it was so cold,I covered the blanket around me and hugged my knees. I began to feel tired and decided to lay down. Suddenly, I saw David appeared at the window,I miss his charming face, I miss his voice. I lifted my hand,tried to catch him. But,he had gone, he left me. I felt weak in a sudden, I fought the urge to lift my hand,but it went down,remained on the bed. My eyelids became heavier, I fought the urge to open my eyes, but it was so difficult. I decided to give up, I didn't want to struggle anymore and I closed my eyes. "I'm coming,David",I said in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment