Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Zoo Negara Volunteer Program

Weee! I went to Zoo Negara Volunteer Program today. At first, I was forced by my sister. Then,I promised to be the photographer and volunteer after listening to her moans... Well,we woke up at 5.55am in the morning,I didn't have enough sleep as I went to bed at 11.15pm yesterday nite. I couldn't sleep that early, so I was struggling on the bed. Then, my sister and I went to Yi Waey's house after the preparation. Her's uncle sent us to Wangsa Maju LRT. My sister and her friends gathered at the bus stop. Actually, we planned to go to the zoo by bus. After waiting for the bus to pull over, we decided to hop in the taxi as we were late. 10 of us divided into 3 taxi. After 10 minutes, we arrived the zoo's entrance around 8.15am. The security guard snapped a few photos of us. We met another two friends of my sister there. After the supervisor had briefed bout the program, 12 of us were separate into groups. Unfortunately, my sister and I got into the same group. We followed a Malay girl behind. She is pretty. Haha. We followed her all the way inside the zoo. Our department was the furthest, which is the ape centre. Along the way, we passed the deers,giraffes,zebras, goats and lots of animals. When the deers were looking at her and kept calling her as they've known her, we thought we were going into that department. Unfortunately, it was not. Then, we walked deeper, we saw giraffes. Once again,we thought it was going to be it. It was not again.... We walked further down and reached the ape centre. Unpredictable.

     At the beginning, I hope our department was not the ape centre, insects,hippo, bees and butterfly department. Out of expectation, we got the ape centre. The ape centre was not bad actually. The sad thing was, we couldn't touch those apes. My God! Our job was to sit around the corner, a table stood in front of us and there were boards on the table written: LEAVE YOUR FOOD HERE. NO FOODS AND DRINKS ALLOWED. NO SMOKING. NO FEEDING. So,we just had to make sure there's no one break the rules. We warned them. That's all. Oh ya, and kept their food. That time was 9 something, so there were no customers yet. We took a look in the ape centre. Watched the orang utans and chimpanzees. Took a lot of photos. There's an office inside, apes were inside, but we couldn't enter. Too bad, we just had to stay outside and watched the apes. Soon after,we got bored and moaning.... We wanted to do something, we didn't want to just sit here and wait for the customers. Our break time was 10.20am, then we leaved the ape centre and walked around the zoo. Snap the animals, said hi to them and pity them.... Especially the lion. God! The lions were so damn freaking thin. I could see through their bones. My God! Two tigers were fighting for a food. A coconut! A coconut?! I thought it was a meat at first. But it was a coconut. Pity them....After I walked around the zoo, I realised the animals were almost vegetarian. Tigers eat coconut. Apes eat cabbage and grass. Deers eat dried leaves. Most of them eat grass. The hippo was the most fat animal in the zoo. Super fat!

     After the break time, we went to out department and worked again. We just sat there and kept moaning, kept counting the time. Hoping the time will fly faster. Then,our lunch started at 12.30pm. We were so hungry, my stomach kept singing all the way to the restaurant. Before lunch, we took a look at the animals first. We went to see penguins!!! PENGUINS!!! CUTE LITTLE PENGUINS WITH THEIR LITTLE FEET! I love their style of walking. SO DAMN CUTE! There were two penguins kept looking at me. But they looked sad. Aww, I think they wanna get out that place.The water was not clean and their home was small. They called it the" Penguin House". My God. I had the urge to hide them in my bag and bring back home! After that, we went to the aquarium. It looked small on the outside,but it was bigger than it actually looked. I was not really interested on those fishes. I just wanted the air-con. So refreshing. Haha. Then, we went for fast food. I ordered an ice cream. It cost rm5.90 per scoop in a cone. Luckily, it was quite big. All of us gathered in the restaurant and shared bout our department. Looks like my department was the most boring. The others could touch the animals, clean the floors,clean their shit, they just got things to do,unlike us. We were so damn free.
After the lunch, we worked again. In the same department,of course.

         At 4pm, we leaved the ape centre. Our work was finally over. The rain begun,luckily it was not heavy. My sister and I visit the zoo again. We watched the elephants,giraffes and others while holding an umbrella...  We kept walking and walking till we met my sister's friend. I bought souvenirs as someone asked me to. Lol. I saw dolphin soft toy, it was not expensive. I wanted to buy so badly but I knew my sister won't let. So,I just looked at it and leaved. Then, we took photos again and walked again... Looked at the animals.... My legs were cramping and soaring. I almost collapse. I wanted to massage my legs so badly. Bout 5.25pm, we left the zoo and we took taxi back to the LRT. Then,we took LRT to Kelana Jaya. Finally,we took bus from Kelana Jaya to a bus stop at Sri Kl and went home by car.....

PS: Hope the animals will get fatter and fatter..I don't see any horse. T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment