Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2010

Falling in love with a friend

May and Patrick used to be best friends, but time changed everything. The path changed, so did their friendship. Patrick's house was just a stone threw away from May's house. He always go to her house since they were young. He couldn't live without May,so did May. They walked to school hand in hand every morning, although they were just friends. It became their habit, people around them were gossiping bout them, but they didn't bother at all. They were just like twins, they'll never leave each other arm. They sat on the same row at class, sat together at the canteen, ate together, laughed together and shared everything. When they grew up, Patrick had a girlfriend. May thought Patrick will leave her, but he didn't. She thought he will spend his time being with his girlfriend, but he didn't. He was still the same old Patrick. May also wanted to have a boyfriend, so she had a relationship with someone. When Patrick knew bout her relationship, he was shocked, he felt a twinge of nerves, a weird feeling began to rise in his body. He was afraid that May wouldn't hang out with him anymore, he was afraid that May will just talk to her boyfriend most of the time, but she didn't. Instead she talked to Patrick most of the time although she had a boyfriend. They were still best friends, their friendship never change. After a few months, May's boyfriend began to feel impatient and mad because May was never been there when he wanted to see her. He knew May was staying with Patrick. So, he decided to break up with her. May cried, she knew it was her fault, she knew it was wrong to be with Patrick all the time. But, she couldn't leave him. She stood outside in the cool night, watching the dark sky with sparkling stars hanging in the sky. She didn't feel alone after her boyfriend left. This feeling was wrong,indeed. She wanted to beg for forgiveness, she wanted to feel sad, she wanted to hate herself for being selfish. But, she didn't. In fact, she felt happy that she was single now, escaping from the jail. She rose to her feet, and ran, ran towards Patrick's house. She knew what to do, she knew what she wanted. When she arrived at the door, clicked open the doorknob, she saw Patrick and his girlfriend stood at the living room. His girlfriend's eyes were cold, patrick's head hung down, she could feel the atmosphere was cold and awkward, angel filled the room. There was a fight. Patrick's girlfriend slapped his face, May's eyes wide opened. "How could you do that to me? I'm your girlfriend,not May! You belong to me. Why you keep being with her?"she said through gritted teeth. "I'm sorry. She's my best friend, I can't lose her. We are done." Patrick replied. "No,she's not your best friend. You like her. I hate you treating me like this. You suck!" "Yes,I need to admit that I like her. I know I'm being a total jerk. But,I love being with her not you. I'm sorry." May shriek and covered her mouth with her hands. They gazed at her, the atmosphere became more awkward. May ran outside, ran along the road with confusion and shock. She heard footsteps behind her, she heard someone was calling her and that was Patrick. He pulled her to a halt. She turned to look at his face, she saw his face is blushing, so did she, she felt her cheek was burning. "Why did you run?"Patrick asked. "I was shocked. I don't know how to react. Do you mean what you said to her just now? Or it was just a joke? I'm confused. I thought we are best friends." May said. " Yes,we are. I mean it,May. It's true. I want to be with you." Patrick held her hands. May smiled and entered his open heart, their friendship was over,but they moved into a special and happier relationship life.

No comments:

Post a Comment